Today I took the girls on a trip to the dentist. This was Avery's first time ever going to the dentist and Ashlyn's first time getting a full cleaning. I knew Ashlyn would be great because she gets so excited to do new things and she tries so hard to do exactly what people ask of her. She was so brave and grown up, I was very proud of her. I was worried about Avery. She can be very timid around new people and places. We've been talking about how exciting it will be and how Grandpa (who was a dentist and then orthodontist) would be so proud of her. We read a book about going to the dentist that talked about the neat chair that goes up and down. When we walked into the office and saw the chairs she got very excited. She jumped into the chair and opened her mouth as wide as she could. I can't believe how well she did. She sat through the whole cleaning without any problems. The hygienist couldn't believe how well she did for only being 2. As soon as we got home both girls wanted to call Grandma and Grandpa on the webcam and tell them all about their trip to the dentist.



5 comments:
I love the sunglasses on Avery, as she is getting her teeth cleaned. :) I'm glad things went well. I need to do that with my kids. I'm sure your Dad will get a kick out of that picture.
That is so funny; I actually laughed out loud when I saw the picture of Avery wearing sunglasses. All of your preparation worked perfectly! What a great mother!
You did such a good job in preparing Ashlyn and Avery for the dentist. It will surely pay off for the rest of their lives. Grandma and Grandpa are so proud. Remember the advice that Grandpa always gives, "You only have to brush the teeth that you want to keep!"
So fun! My kids love the dentist too but they go to their Grandmother so it makes it really easy on them. I bet your dad will just love to hear about their sucessful trip.
I'm glad it was a good trip to the dentist! I need to take my kids!Those are great pictures to scrapbook :) Good job Ashlyn & Avery!
Post a Comment