"To the world you may be just one person, but to one person you may be the world."
Thursday, August 28, 2008
Bored 2 1/2 year old + Tired mommy = BIG MESS
Most people would never post a picture of their messy house on their blog, but I thought this was too funny. It reminded me of a picture that my sister, Liisa, took of my room when I was about 8 years old. She taped a sign on my bed saying "Erika's messy room" or something to that effect and took a picture. I believe this picture is far worse. With Ashlyn starting school, the baby arriving in a week or less, writing the Primary program, and it being hotter (muggier) than ever right now, I just have not had the energy to clean up the girls room every day. It's a good thing that Trent and I both cannot stand clutter, so the rest of the house stays pretty tidy. Avery just loves to take every toy out and throw it on the floor to the point where she can't play in the room anymore and then she will move to other parts of the house. Luckily, Ashlyn is a great helper and she knows where each toy goes (I'm kind of particular where the toys go which makes it hard for even Trent to help with this task). The only thing Ashlyn can't do is, remake the beds and hang up the clothes. So, instead of playing around on my blog, I will get to work before it spreads to the other rooms.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Wow, that looks like my house! Arielle is the SAME way! She will always make the mess, and poor Cadence gets stuck cleaning it up. She likes to help out though:-) Just wait till the baby comes, the entire house will look like a tornado hit it!
Ok, that picture is absoulutely hilarious. It made me laugh. I have some destroying angels at my house as well. I'll get everything cleaned up and they decided to get into all the toys I have just picked up. So funny. Hang in there, you are almost there.
Love
Shelley
too funny! i love to know that i'm not the only one that lets the rooms become disater areas! good luck!!
Brings back memories. The floor in your room wasn't covered with pink and blue, though. I don't think you started at age two. There's hope, if she follows in your footsteps. You are very tidy now.
Oh, Erika, that is so great! That reminds me that after my sixth and last child went to preschool yesterday for the day, Steve came home and said, "Boy, what does it feel like to know that the house will stay clean for a whole six hours?" It feels great! But, as soon as they walk through the door with bookbags, duffelbags, papers, projects, etc, ANYTHING GOES!
For some reason the text isn't coming up but the picture is hilarious! She takes after her mother when she was in high school. :)
That is so funny...I only say that cause that's what my house ends up looking like everyday! I told Mike I give up on cleaning anymore. I feel like I clean up and within a couple of hours it looks the exact same! That's funny that you're particular where toys go, because I'm the same way, and I think I've made Madison even more OCD because of it.LOL.
sometimes i wish my 2 year old would do that! She won't get into her toys! We have a whole basket full of her toys that just sit there. I thought that she would want to go through them daily or at least once in a while but she doesn't! Did i do something wrong?! :)
Post a Comment