She was happy that she was able to bring her Pegasus along and she also thought the hospital gown was pretty cool.
"To the world you may be just one person, but to one person you may be the world."
Thursday, September 25, 2008
Ashlyn's Surgery
Yesterday was a big day for Ashlyn. She had surgery to have a cyst removed from behind her left ear. I noticed a lump behind her ear the day that I went into the hospital to have Blake. The next week we went to see a surgeon and he told us it needed to be removed to prevent growth and infection. I was very worried to see my child go under anesthesia. You never know how a child will react. Ashlyn was nervous because she had seen me in the hospital twice and was scared about what would happen. We spent the next two weeks preparing her and talking all about what would happen. She received a father's blessing the night before and was actually excited to go to the hospital so I could take pictures and she could tell her friends all about it. I can't believe how brave she was. It made it a lot easier for Trent and I to see her get wheeled away because she was happy and excited. I think the hardest part for her was not being able to eat anything until 2:30 p.m. I'm so proud of her. She was so brave.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



10 comments:
Ashlyn, we are so glad that everything went well with your surgery and that you were so brave!
That is so cute. How brilliant to tell her how cool everything was. Give her hugs and kisses for us.
I am so glad everything went well. The little picture of her asleep just brakes my heart. Man you have to worry about these little ones but it is good that he was so brave.
You are great parents to prepare Ashlyn so well for her hospital visit. She is an outstanding example for her friends and little sister.
Ashlyn, you're SO brave! way to go girlfriend!
It must have been hard leading up to her hospital procedure. What a brave girl. Your pictures are great. I love the one of all of you together.
oh wow! how scary! Thanks for the note on my blog. We will keep pushing through the shyness then. It can be frustrating but I am almost positive I was exactly the same at this age!
We are glad that everything went well and she did so good.
I am glad to hear everything went well. That is always a scary thing. She is very brave!
Thanks for the help with my blog background.
Surgery is no fun at any age. Glad everything went well.
Post a Comment