Friday, October 3, 2008

Avery's First Haircut

We finally got Avery's 2 1/2 year pictures taken last Saturday so I decided it was time to cut her hair. She has needed a haircut for a long time now. She twirls her hair while she is sleeping and sometimes the knots break off, so her hair is very uneven. Her hair grows a lot faster than Ashlyn's does because it isn't as curly, so I figured I could cut it short. So, I was going to cut it just above the shoulders, but I chickened out. She got a nice even haircut that goes just below the shoulders and still allows a little bit of her natural curl to show.

Before

She was so excited to go to the place where Ashlyn had her first haircut. She could watch movies and sit in the car.
She was very brave and didn't whine or anything.

During

She wouldn't let me take a very good after picture. She kept leaning her head back which makes her hair look longer than it really is. It ended up being just below the shoulders and has a nice curl in the ends. It looks so much fuller and not stringy. I love it and so does she.

After


5 comments:

ashtrost said...

Wow, her hair is so pretty!

ETCK said...

Her hair is so pretty. Don't be such a chicken next time. :) It always grows back. J/K

Sara said...

Her hair is adorable:) What a brave little girl to sit there and not cry...cute picts!

Vic and Jan said...

She has beautiful hair and a beautiful smile to go with it. I love how she is always smiling when we talk via the computer.

Brooke said...

Ah, she is so adorable. How are you Erika? How's three?? So, I don't know Stephanie Neilson (Nie) I just found her blog and was inspired and I like to check in on her progress. So sad. So, the little outfit I bought for your little man is probably too small now. I have procastinated too long but I'll have to find something else cute!