Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Avery's First Day of School

Last Wednesday was Avery's first day of school. I know she is a little bit young for school, being 2 1/2 and all, but she loves it. Some of my friends were doing a little Joy School and I thought it sounded like a lot of fun for Avery and for myself. Once a week she goes to someones house and they have a little preschool. The preschool rotates from house to house so that each mom gets to teach one week during each rotation. Ashlyn used to have play dates on a regular basis and by the time she was 2 1/2 she already had a best friend. I feel as though Avery just tags along with Ashlyn and whatever she is doing (middle child syndrome). Avery needed something of her own. She was so excited to go to school. I found a little backpack and all she could talk about was putting a note in her backpack (I guess because Ashlyn always has a note in her backpack telling her teacher who she is going home with). She didn't want to put any papers in her backpack, just her note. For the past week all she can talk about is going back to school. She has already grown up so much. She was running around with her friends at our ward party and she doesn't want to stay with me in Primary anymore, she just wants to go to nursery to see her friends. I think this school will be great for her. I love to see her so happy, and I can't wait to teach too.

3 comments:

ETCK said...

That is so cute! She's growing up very quickly. You are such a great mom to think that she probably would like to do something on her own. I admire your parenting skills more than you will ever know.

Vic and Jan said...

Avery is so cute and fun! I can just picture her happiness of going to school just like Ashlyn.

Thom and Jamie Stansfield said...

how did you get her to not be shy? Libby is sooo shy. Is play dates the answer? Maybe she is just being like her mommy...