Tuesday, November 18, 2008

My 100 Things

I saw this on a few of my friends blogs and I thought it looked really fun. The things that I HAVE done are in blue.

1. Started your own blog
2. Slept under the stars (ah, the good old days)
3. Played in a band (does the french horn in 4th grade count?)
4. Visited Hawaii
5. Watched a meteor shower
6. Given more than you can afford to charity
7. Been to Disneyland
8. Climbed a mountain
9. Held a praying mantis
10. Sang a solo (way back in the day)
11. Bungee jumped
12. Visited Paris
13. Watched a lightning storm at sea
14. Taught yourself an art from scratch
15. Adopted a child
16. Had food poisoning
17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty
18. Grown your own vegetables
19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France
20. Slept on an overnight train (a great childhood memory)
21. Had a pillow fight
22. Hitch hiked
23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill (sick day, what is a sick day?)
24. Built a snow fort
25. Held a lamb
26. Gone skinny dipping (in a hot tub with one girl friend. We didn't look:)
27. Run a Marathon
28. Ridden in a gondola
29. Seen a total eclipse
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset (New Years 2000 on the beach in Hawaii)
31. Hit a home run
32. Been on a cruise (Senior Trip!!!)
33. Seen Niagara Falls in person
34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors (my mom told me to count this one because her dad was born in Salt Lake City, UT :)
35. Seen an Amish community
36. Taught yourself a new language
37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied
38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person
39. Gone rock climbing
40. Seen Michelangelo’s David
41. Sung karaoke
42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt
43. Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant (it was McDonalds, but it was still food)
44. Visited Africa
45. Walked on a beach by moonlight
46. Been transported in an ambulance
47. Had your portrait painted (sketched at Magic Mountain does that count?)
48. Gone deep sea fishing (it's a lot more bloody than I ever imagined)
49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person
50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris
51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling (snorkeling and snuba diving, but not scuba)
52. Kissed in the rain
53. Played in the mud (lots as a child, but remember girls camp Jenny?)
54. Gone to a drive-in theater
55. Been in a movie
56. Visited the Great Wall of China
57. Started a business
58. Taken a martial arts class
59. Visited Russia
60. Served at a soup kitchen (on Christmas Eve when Christmas was on a Sunday my parents wanted us to truly celebrate the meaning of Christmas. It was a great night)
61. Sold Girl Scout Cookies (I sold Campfire cookies, but that's close enough)
62. Gone whale watching (one of my favorite things to do)
63. Got flowers for no reason
64. Donated blood, platelets or plasma
65. Gone sky diving
66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp
67. Bounced a check
68. Flown in a helicopter (Hawaii baby!)
69. Saved a favorite childhood toy (my mom saved a few)
70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial
71. Eaten Caviar
72. Pieced a quilt
73. Stood in Times Square
74. Toured the Everglades
75. Been fired from a job
76. Seen the Changing of the Guards in London
77. Broken a bone (does a fractured toe count?)
78. Been on a speeding motorcycle
79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person
80. Published a book
81. Visited the Vatican
82. Bought a brand new car
83. Walked in Jerusalem
84. Had your picture in the newspaper (I think I did because of sports, but I'm not sure)
85. Read the entire Book of Mormon or Bible
86. Visited the White House
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating (I watched - "cried and threw up" - as my group killed and cooked a chicken on our pioneer trek. I don't eat it so why would I want to kill it?)
88. Had chickenpox
89. Saved someone’s life
90. Sat on a jury
91. Met someone famous (I've met lots of famous people, the 2 that stand out are meeting many Seattle Supersonics and Mariners including Alex Rodriguez, also Vegas 2002, remember Tanya?)
92. Joined a book club
93. Lost a loved one
94. Had a baby (the most beautiful 3 ever)
95. Seen the Alamo in person
96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake
97. Been involved in a law suit (testified against someone, but the law suit had nothing to do with me personally)
98. Owned a cell phone (how could you not these days)
99. Been stung by a bee
100. Read an entire book in one day

I tag anyone who is interested in sharing their 100 things.

7 comments:

Vic and Jan said...

You've done a lot in your short life. I think you can count #34 because my father was born in Salt Lake and #61 I think Campfire cookies should count.

ETCK said...

That was really cool to read about. It looks like I haven't done as many things as I thought. :) I better get on it.

Sara said...

I like reading these posts...you always learn something new! You've done a lot more than me:)

Donnie and Jen Brown said...

hey there, i found your blog through a gal in my ward, lisa lopez. my grandparents are garth and norma taylor. i swear they have someone in there family by the name of trent taylor, are you guys any relation? they are from dillon mt.

Donnie and Jen Brown said...

NO WAY!! thaty is so crazy!! wow it is a small world. well hopefully i will see you at church, or around. you have a beautiful family also!

Thom and Jamie Stansfield said...

we are going to Gilbert. did i know that Liisa lived there? Isn't Mesa near gilbert? while your there tell her to update her blog...her last post was 5 months ago! :) Cool list! I don't know if I could even come up with 100 things

Thom and Jamie Stansfield said...

just re-read the list and realized you have done the stuff in blue not white. I was rolling over with well admittedly jealousy of sorts cuz you've done so much and i was releived to read the top again and see you did the blue. Not to say that stuff isn't amazing though too!