Some of the girls, all smiles as usual
"To the world you may be just one person, but to one person you may be the world."
Saturday, March 21, 2009
Good Friends and Temples
After our short stay in Montana we headed back and stopped in Utah for one night. We left Tuesday morning and arrived Tuesday afternoon just in time to meet up with our good friends for a play date and dinner. The Goff's have been our great friends for years now. Ashlyn and Kennedi are the same age. McKinley and Avery are the same age. And now, Blake and Oakley are the same age. Only months separate them. We have such a great time when we are with them. I feel as though you have some relationships in your life that are just easy. You get along well, and it is easy to be yourself completely when you are with them. That is how I feel about their entire family. Avery was shy and didn't warm up until it was about time to leave. She gets nervous because she stayed with them when we went to Hawaii and even though she had a great time I think she is still nervous that I might leave her again. I wish we could have visited longer. We hope to see you guys soon.
I couldn't get a picture without Ashlyn making a funny face, so I told her if she smiled once we could take a silly one.
While we were in Utah it was very important to me that we take our kids through the Open House of the new Draper, Utah temple. We lived in Draper for several years and it is still like home to me. We can also see the temple from my parents backyard. The girls were so excited to see the inside. Tanya and Erik came with us bright and early in the morning (it was Erik's birthday too, they were so nice to wake up early and come with us). Once we got inside Ashlyn just wanted to rush through. I was frustrated because I wanted to take my time. When we were done she did talk to me about how she loved the beautiful lights and the room where the brides get ready as well as the room where they get married. Avery later told me that her favorite part was riding the bus from the church to the temple. They are a bit young to really appreciate what they saw. It was amazing. I can't wait to go back after it is dedicated and spend some time there.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I feel the same about it just being easy to be friends with you guys. Kennedi & McKinley are STILL talking about the day Ashlyn and Avery came over. We wish you still lived here!!! However, I guess I should feel lucky that your parents still live here, so we still get to see you once in a while. Who knows -- maybe you will move back one day!?! Thank you SO much for your visit! We love you!
Your friends are our friends. It'll be fun for us to see Kennedi and McKinley again too. Be prepared to explain to your girls why they can't go with you to the temple the next time you're in Draper.
Post a Comment