
Years before she was born, I knew I was going to have a girl first and her name was going to be Ashlyn. It took us over a year to get pregnant with our first. That year was very difficult for me emotionally. We actually found out that I was pregnant the morning that we were scheduled to go to the doctor to find out if there was something wrong with me. What a sweet surprise that was. Since then our lives have been full of sweet surprises. Ashlyn is a wonderful child. She is sweet and sensitive. She is loving and kind. She has always had a pretty even temperament which is easy to get along with. She is beautiful and unique. When she started to get hair I didn't know what to think. It didn't seem to get longer, it just curled tighter and tighter. I couldn't go out in public without someone stopping me and asking me if her hair was naturally curly. Most days I wanted to say "No, I spent hours curling it this morning", but of course I didn't. Ashlyn is a wonderful big sister. She really sets the tone for our family. She is very obedient (most of the time) which sets a great example for her sister. She helps out a ton with Blake and loves to feed him baby food while I am fixing dinner. Ashlyn cares a great deal for others and gets very concerned when anyone is crying. She loves the drama. While she doesn't hit or kick her sister, she loves to tease and taunt her until she starts to scream (typical big sister I guess). Ashlyn always tries her best to please those she loves. She is very smart as well. I just love being a mom. Being a mom is worth all the stress, anxiety, tears, and fears because I am blessed to have a child like Ashlyn. I love you 'sweets'.
4 comments:
Ashlyn is a very special child. She brings happiness and peace to all she meets. I'm very proud to be her grandmother and really looking forward to spend a lot of time with her. I never knew my grandmothers and have always wanted a special grandma/child relationship. Now I can. I'm just on the other end.
Ashlyn is such a cute girl. I think having a girl as the oldest is such a blessing! Cadence is such a big help to me also!
Ashlyn is such a great kid. Hopefully you'll move back here soon so she can babysit our future little ones. She is already so responsible and extremely smart thanks to her parents.
Post a Comment