Avery is such a joy to have. Although trying at times she sure keeps me smiling. While she was my biggest newborn at 7 lbs 4 oz she is the skinniest little thing now. Those who know Avery usually see her as the quiet little girl with big blue eyes. There is more to her than she lets on. Avery loves to cuddle and she gives the best bear hugs ever. She is almost always smiling and showing off her beautiful blue eyes. She is very independent and wants to do everything on her own. When Ashlyn is at school Avery plays quietly by herself, only needing me to get things for her or sit in the room with her. She could play for hours by herself with no one to entertain her. What a blessing that is for a mom with 3 kids. When Ashlyn is home they have a blast playing together (most of the time, the screaming matches do get out of hand sometimes:). One thing that I think is so cute about Avery is that she loves to line things up and stack things. She will take the shoes out of the closets and put one on each step until they reach the top, then she will continue the line down the hall until she runs out of shoes. While quiet and calm around friends, Avery is not always this way around her family. She is our screamer. She can speak very well but she chooses to scream when she needs something instead. She has always been our fit thrower as well. When she was 6 months old and could sit on her own this meant that she could also throw herself back onto the floor when looked at the wrong way. This is something that she has mastered. I have yet to master ignoring the fits, but at least now we just say, "That's Avery for ya". The good thing is that she will snap out of her fits as fast as she goes into them. She will always tell me she is sorry and give me a great big hug. I love my Avery bug. While she never let me sleep more than 30 min. - 1 hr. at a time for an entire year, she is now the child that usually sleeps through the night. I love her hugs and kisses. Her warm smile and sparkling eyes. But most of all I love to spend time with my beautiful little girl. At least once a week she looks at me and says, "Mommy, when I grow up, I want to be just like you". It doesn't get any better than that. I love being Avery's mom. I love you 'Boogie'.
"To the world you may be just one person, but to one person you may be the world."
Friday, May 15, 2009
I Love Being A Mom - part 2
On the previous post I wrote about one of the reasons why I love being a mom. Here is another one. I love being a mom because of Avery.
Avery is such a joy to have. Although trying at times she sure keeps me smiling. While she was my biggest newborn at 7 lbs 4 oz she is the skinniest little thing now. Those who know Avery usually see her as the quiet little girl with big blue eyes. There is more to her than she lets on. Avery loves to cuddle and she gives the best bear hugs ever. She is almost always smiling and showing off her beautiful blue eyes. She is very independent and wants to do everything on her own. When Ashlyn is at school Avery plays quietly by herself, only needing me to get things for her or sit in the room with her. She could play for hours by herself with no one to entertain her. What a blessing that is for a mom with 3 kids. When Ashlyn is home they have a blast playing together (most of the time, the screaming matches do get out of hand sometimes:). One thing that I think is so cute about Avery is that she loves to line things up and stack things. She will take the shoes out of the closets and put one on each step until they reach the top, then she will continue the line down the hall until she runs out of shoes. While quiet and calm around friends, Avery is not always this way around her family. She is our screamer. She can speak very well but she chooses to scream when she needs something instead. She has always been our fit thrower as well. When she was 6 months old and could sit on her own this meant that she could also throw herself back onto the floor when looked at the wrong way. This is something that she has mastered. I have yet to master ignoring the fits, but at least now we just say, "That's Avery for ya". The good thing is that she will snap out of her fits as fast as she goes into them. She will always tell me she is sorry and give me a great big hug. I love my Avery bug. While she never let me sleep more than 30 min. - 1 hr. at a time for an entire year, she is now the child that usually sleeps through the night. I love her hugs and kisses. Her warm smile and sparkling eyes. But most of all I love to spend time with my beautiful little girl. At least once a week she looks at me and says, "Mommy, when I grow up, I want to be just like you". It doesn't get any better than that. I love being Avery's mom. I love you 'Boogie'.
Avery is such a joy to have. Although trying at times she sure keeps me smiling. While she was my biggest newborn at 7 lbs 4 oz she is the skinniest little thing now. Those who know Avery usually see her as the quiet little girl with big blue eyes. There is more to her than she lets on. Avery loves to cuddle and she gives the best bear hugs ever. She is almost always smiling and showing off her beautiful blue eyes. She is very independent and wants to do everything on her own. When Ashlyn is at school Avery plays quietly by herself, only needing me to get things for her or sit in the room with her. She could play for hours by herself with no one to entertain her. What a blessing that is for a mom with 3 kids. When Ashlyn is home they have a blast playing together (most of the time, the screaming matches do get out of hand sometimes:). One thing that I think is so cute about Avery is that she loves to line things up and stack things. She will take the shoes out of the closets and put one on each step until they reach the top, then she will continue the line down the hall until she runs out of shoes. While quiet and calm around friends, Avery is not always this way around her family. She is our screamer. She can speak very well but she chooses to scream when she needs something instead. She has always been our fit thrower as well. When she was 6 months old and could sit on her own this meant that she could also throw herself back onto the floor when looked at the wrong way. This is something that she has mastered. I have yet to master ignoring the fits, but at least now we just say, "That's Avery for ya". The good thing is that she will snap out of her fits as fast as she goes into them. She will always tell me she is sorry and give me a great big hug. I love my Avery bug. While she never let me sleep more than 30 min. - 1 hr. at a time for an entire year, she is now the child that usually sleeps through the night. I love her hugs and kisses. Her warm smile and sparkling eyes. But most of all I love to spend time with my beautiful little girl. At least once a week she looks at me and says, "Mommy, when I grow up, I want to be just like you". It doesn't get any better than that. I love being Avery's mom. I love you 'Boogie'.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Number 2 girls are just so special! What more can I say.
Avery is so cute when she comes over for preschool. She is always so sweet with Chloe! She is VERY good when she is here. Avery is a doll!
Your biggest one at 7 lbs 4 oz? Wow, lucky girl. Cole was 7 lbs 7 oz. At my 36 week ultrasound with Dallin they said he was about 7 lbs 8 oz. I said, well, wheel me down the hallway! He ended up being 9 lbs 6 oz. Yep, ouch.
Avery is so cute!!! I love hearing her talk. She has the sweetest little voice. It's kind of funny how both you and Liisa's second born ended up being so tiny.
Post a Comment