"To the world you may be just one person, but to one person you may be the world."
Tuesday, June 2, 2009
You Did WHAT????
Just over two weeks ago Ashlyn came into my room early Saturday morning and said, "Mommy, I think I swallowed a quarter." My response was, "You did WHAT?" She told me again and I asked her if she DID swallow it or if she just THOUGHT she swallowed it. She of course didn't want to tell me because she knew she wasn't supposed to put things in her mouth. We finally came to the conclusion that she DID swallow it. It was the morning of her last soccer game so we called the on-call doctor to see what we should do. They said she was fine, but if it wasn't passed in 5 days to have an x-ray taken. Well, last week we had the x-ray taken and sure enough there it was.
She was smiling in the picture, but it was quite the ordeal getting that x-ray taken. She apparently has some post traumatic stress from her surgery because she freaked out. So, now we get to go to a specialist and most likely they will have to remove the quarter for her. So, if you don't want your kids to put things in their mouths just show them this picture. Here is a close up in case you couldn't see the first one.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
I still can't believe she did that. I have a hard enough time swallowing pills. A quarter must have really hurt going down.
I think Ashlyn has learned her lesson. She'll probably keep a close eye on Blake and not let him put small things in his mouth. Maybe it's a blessing in disguise.
Oh wow thats crazy! Poor girl! Hope you get it out okay and with out too much more stress.
I am sure that it is not funny now, but hopefully in a few years you will look back and laugh:-)
I showed your post to Arielle, and she said " when she come over for the party on Friday, we need to hide all the money." I was laughing so hard!
I am so excited to be in YW with you!!
I think Trent must try to steal Ashlyn's money so she was just trying safeguard it. Sheesh!!!
My 3 year-old keeps putting change in his mouth and running away from me when I try to get it from him. So how will you get that out?!
Oh my gosh. I would've thought it would have just come out in the toilet. Crazy. Seriously, I'm sure we'll end up dealing with that one, one day.
I am so sorry. I think it is funny that she said I THINK I might have swallowed a quarter. I know Barry Bretton would have said it the same way to me becuase he always says "I think" when he thinks he will get in trouble. So even though that is completely awful I had to laugh at the way she approached you about it. Maybe I will try approaching people that way. Maybe it won't be so bad.
I'm sorry, but I had to laugh. She just looks so innocent holding the x-ray with a big quarter spot on it! So cute. Hope everything turns out okay.
Post a Comment