Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Montana - part 2

We love our family.  We don't get to see the cousins from Trent's side of the family very often because we all live so far away from each other. When we get together it's as if no time has passed and everyone is best friends.  It's such a great feeling.  I love feeling like I have 2 more sisters and those brothers that I always wanted. 

Here is the whole family minus our nephew Seth and Trent's brother Tory
It's also great that we have older nieces and nephews on that side of the family that like the same things that I do.  I was able to go to see "New Moon" with my sister-in-law and 2 nieces while we were in Dillon.  We loved it of course.
Me, Kelsey, Trista (Trent's sister), and Brooke
The kids have a blast together.  Savanna and Ashlyn are only a few weeks apart in age and they were inseparable.
It was so nice having the older kids around so I didn't have to entertain my kids 24/7.  If I ever wanted to know where they were I could bet that they were on the golf cart with either Kelsey, Jake, or Brooke.

Kelsey driving with Savanna and Avery in back and Ashlyn in the front.
The golf course is the perfect place to host the Taylor Family 4th of July celebration.  Here are all the cousins (minus Seth who is serving on an LDS mission in Brazil).

From top to bottom: Noah, Jake, Peyton, Gideon, Brooke, Ashlyn, Kelsey, Savanna, Blake, Avery
Little Noah (in the red sweatshirt at the top of the picture) was the hit of the party that night.  He has the best sense of humor that it's hard to remember that he's only 4.  The best line of the night was said by Noah while putting on his 3D rainbow glasses "Tool (cool), it's like a dance party, a wainbow dance party" said in the most adorable little voice ever!  I think my kids have repeated that line at least once a week since our trip.  I love that I married into such a wonderful family I just wish we all lived closer to each other.

2 comments:

Heidi said...

It is so hard to live away from family! Glad you had a wonderful time! The golf course is beautiful!

Vic and Jan said...

Fun with cousins is the best!