I still can't believe I have an 8 year old daughter. This is such a big year for her. We have been reading the scriptures and praying as a family very diligently for the past 1 1/2 years and having many family discussions on the topic of baptism. We talked about what it meant to be baptized and what an important decision it was for her to make. Ultimately she decided that was what she wanted to do and we of course were very proud of her decision. She had many people that came to support her. My entire family came to visit (minus my brother-in-law Erik who had to work). Many friends from church were there. I think Ashlyn was most excited/surprised to see her friend Karly there. Karly is not a member and she is on Ashlyn's soccer team. They had a tournament that day and Karly rushed home after the last game, changed and rushed to see her friend get baptized. It was so special for our entire family to see her and her mom there.
Of course I only had one picture of our family taken amidst the rush and excitement of the day so someone was bound to have their eyes closed. Oh well.
My mom made tons of sugar cookies and then let the kids help her decorate them. They turned out beautiful. We also had everyone there write a short letter or testimony to Ashlyn. They were so beautiful. I forgot to take a picture of Ashlyn's hair before she was baptized but I managed to get one in after her hair got wet. My dad gave an amazing talk about the Holy Ghost. Ashlyn still talks about the story that he told about how he learned the hard way that he needed to listen to the Holy Ghost.
I am so proud of Ashlyn and her decision to be baptized. She made such a grown up decision and she tries so hard to honor the covenants that she makes.




1 comment:
We're so glad we could be part of Ashlyn's baptism. She was very well prepared to take this step. We're so very proud of her.
Post a Comment